Subsidies and Advances that Fund Hope
FHLB Dallas offers specialized subsidy and advance programs to assist our members in financing affordable housing and economic development in the communities they serve. Our Community Investment programs are here to help our members and their communities thrive.
Community Investment Programs Touch Thousands
FHLB Dallas' Community Investment programs support the housing and economic growth activities in our five-state District of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas.
Since 1990, more than $368 million in AHP and Homeownership Set-Aside Programs have been awarded through our members to assist nearly 63,000 individuals and families with their housing needs.
Whether you are converting a historic downtown building into a senior-living community or financing a start-up company in an underserved area, FHLB Dallas has the resources to help ensure your community investment puzzle is complete. Discover how our programs can benefit you today.
- Affordable Housing Program (AHP) is a competitive subsidy program that provides gap funding through member institutions for affordable housing projects.
- Homebuyer Equity Leverage Partnership (HELP) provides subsidies for down payment and closing cost assistance through member institutions to income-qualified, first-time homebuyers.
- Special Needs Assistance Program (SNAP) provides subsidies through member institutions for the rehabilitation and/or modification of owner-occupied households with a special-needs occupant.
- Housing Assistance for Veterans (HAVEN) provides home-modification grants through member institutions to assist veterans and service members who were disabled by an injury during active duty since September 11, 2001, as well as Gold Star families who lost active duty service members during this timeframe.
- Partnership Grant Program (PGP) provides grants through member institutions to assist qualified community-based organizations with their operational needs.
- Disaster Rebuilding Assistance (DRA) provides subsidies through member institutions for the repair and rehabilitation of owner-occupied housing affected by a disaster in federally declared disaster areas within FHLB Dallas' District.
- Disaster Relief Program (DRP) provides favorably priced advances to support recovery efforts in officially declared disaster areas in FHLB Dallas' District.
- Community Investment Program (CIP) provides favorably priced advances to assist members in funding affordable housing, qualified economic development projects and community revitalization in targeted communities.
- Economic Development Program (EDP) provides favorably priced advances to assist members in funding qualified economic development projects and community revitalization in targeted communities.
- Small Business Boost Program (SBB) provides recoverable assistance to qualified small businesses that would not otherwise meet member underwriting criteria.