Annual Subsidies for Affordable HousingAffordable Housing Program (AHP) funds are intended to assist FHLB Dallas members in financing the purchase, construction and/or rehabilitation of owner-occupied, rental or transitional housing, as well as housing for homeless individuals in their community. AHP funds must be used to benefit households with incomes at or below 80 percent of the median income for the area.
Affordable Housing Program
Watch how BancorpSouth Bank and FHLB Dallas helped 25 elderly residents with critical home repairs in the historic Marcus Bottom neighborhood in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
The Affordable Housing Program General Fund can be used for:
- Down payment and closing costs
- The refinance of an existing loan (provided that the equity proceeds are used for the development of AHP-eligible housing)
- Rehabilitation or construction costs
- Homebuyer education and counseling, if the household purchases an AHP-assisted unit
2021 Affordable Housing Program Subsidy Awards
FHLB Dallas awarded $18.5 million in Affordable Housing Program (AHP) subsidies to 26 affordable housing projects. The subsidies will help create 2,113 new or rehabilitated housing units.
Details about the 2021 AHP awards:
- Arkansas, $1,500,000 for 102 units
- Louisiana, $3,000,000 for 323 units
- Mississippi, $2,450,000 for 234 units
- New Mexico, $1,050,000 for 96 units
- Texas, $7,500,000 for 986 units
- Out of District, $3,000,000 for 372 units