Federally insured financial depositories, non-federally insured credit unions, community development financial institutions and insurance companies with a demonstrable commitment to housing finance may apply to become members of FHLB Dallas. In addition, housing associations may apply to become housing associates of FHLB Dallas.
FHLB Dallas Application ProcessReview our Membership Information Guide. After review, you may choose to have us evaluate your institution's assets to determine the extent to which those assets can serve as collateral for FHLB Dallas advances. Once your institution submits an application for membership, FHLB Dallas will proceed with the following steps.
- Review the application for completeness.
- Determine whether your institution meets all eligibility requirements and application review standards. If additional justification is necessary, our staff will work with your institution to obtain it.
- Make a final recommendation regarding membership approval and submit the recommendation and application to FHLB Dallas' Board of Directors or its designee.
- Approval or denial decision of the application from the Board of Directors or its designee.
- Notification to your institution of the application status.