COVID-19 Relief Advances
FHLB Dallas has made economically favorable funding available to support its members in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is $2.7 billion remaining in long-term Fixed-Rate, Fixed-Term advances to help support liquidity needs of members as they respond to COVID-19 related needs in their respective communities.
For more information, see the
on our COVID-19 Relief Program, our
Small Business Boost (SBB) Expansion
The second funding round now opens May 1 and expands uses for COVID-19 impacted businesses.
- Primary COVID-19 purposes: job retention, permanent working capital, debt service needs.
- Funds may be provided in conjunction with a member loan or closed-end line of credit to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
- Member must provide at least 40 percent of total financing. Members can modify or extend debt to meet this requirement.
- The member is not required to advance additional loan funds to the small business.
- Member cap of $225,000 in the second allocation.
For more information, see our
Partnership Grant Program (PGP) Expansion
Expanded to $2.3 million and a 5:1 match to help community-based organizations (CBOs) involved in supplying affordable housing, stimulating small business development or providing small business technical assistance.
Use of Funds:
- Organizational capacity-building
- Assistance with applying for grants and other funding sources
- Research and studies
- Contractual services
- COVID-19 response, including:
- Nonprofits providing emergency rental assistance
- Emergency relief funds and social service providers
- Homeless shelters
- Job training
For CBOs awarded in 2020, the amount received will not apply toward the lifetime cap.
For more information, see our
Collateral Policies Guidance Due to Impact of COVID-19
We realize that our members and their customers may be experiencing disruptions during this difficult time. In response, FHLB Dallas has made several collateral requirement modifications to assist members and their borrowers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective date: March 26, 2020
See full bulletin
- Relaxes requirements on loan modifications, forbearance agreements and collateral delivery.
- Digital signatures accepted; member must have a wet-ink signature on the original promissory note.
- Loans over 90 days delinquent accepted as collateral if the member has agreed to a modification or forbearance with the borrower.
- Held for Sale loan period extended to 90 days.
- Imaged copies of the supporting documentation accepted via secure portal for loan review purposes.
and our FAQs
Effective date: April 6
For more information:
- New members, members that have never had a desktop review or onsite collateral verification and members that had their last review prior to 2019 will be assigned the default rates set forth in
Please contact Collateral Services at 844.541.0597 (option 1).
Update on Status of Mailed Confirmations
- As we navigate the nuances of a virtual work environment, you may experience short delays in receiving advance confirmations, wire pins, Letters of Credit (LOC) confirmations and pledge confirmations.