We’re Members and Markets
FHLB Dallas is a cooperative owned by our member institutions. Our Member Sales, Member Solutions, Member Services and Capital Markets teams work together to provide a consultative approach to sales and service for our member institutions so they, in turn, can serve their customers and finance their business activities.
In Members and Markets, you can be proud of what you do every day. You’ll have the opportunity to work for and network with our members, to meet their needs in innovative ways and to help influence the future of FHLB Dallas.
Member Sales is the face of FHLB Dallas to members. We establish and maintain relationships with member institutions and work with members to leverage the products and services that best support their business models. Our primary functions are to:
- Establish and maintain relationships with our members
- Garner feedback from our members related to FHLB Dallas products and services
- Grow the business
You might say the job of the Member Solutions team at FHLB Dallas is to see around corners for the benefit of FHLB Dallas’ approximately 815 members and associated financial institutions. Our group works in lockstep with Capital Markets, Member Sales and Corporate Communications to provide member analysis, research and support for the Member Sales team.
Specifically, Member Solutions:
- Helps develop systems and processes that support FHLB Dallas’ transactions
- Trains members and FHLB Dallas employees on new products
- Develops tools to help members determine which funding products are best for them
- Conducts market research
Member Services provides a one-stop shop for all our members’ needs.
- Handle funding requests
- Field inquiries on our community investment and economic development programs
- Assist members with letters of credit, stock purchases, safekeeping of certificates of deposit, wire transfers and various other business needs
- Get members quickly to the person who can help them
- Work on the systems and processes that make all these transactions happen
The Capital Markets department is responsible for pricing FHLB Dallas’ advances (loans to members), for hedging and for the FHLB Dallas investment portfolio, as well as for funding FHLB Dallas and managing its cash position. Our team interacts with large Wall Street firms, regional dealers and money market brokers that provide markets in interest rate derivatives and mortgage bonds. These firms also underwrite FHLB Dallas’ debt and help FHLB Dallas place funds. We look for people who have excellent math skills, are analytical and can adapt to constantly changing market conditions.
If any of these teams offers challenges that are of interest to you, then you just might find your fit in Members and Markets.
Members and Markets
A healthy work/life balance is the key to building unforgettable and lasting relationships with our members.