The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We encourage members to bookmark this page and subscribe to our email alerts to stay up to date on member news.
New Collateral FAQs – COVID-19 Related Matters
FHLB Dallas has made several collateral requirement modifications to assist members and their borrowers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning March 26, 2020 (See bulletin) and until further notice, FHLB Dallas began accepting as eligible collateral certain loans with forbearance plans granted to borrowers in compliance with COVID-19 guidance from your primary regulator. For your convenience, we have compiled answers to members' commonly asked questions in this FAQ. We may update responses to these questions from time to time to align with relevant regulatory guidance
Expand Loan Collateral – SBA Paycheck Protection Program
FHLB Dallas is ready to accept Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans as eligible collateral, effective April 27, 2020. Members with credit ratings A through C, may expand their collateral availability by notifying FHLB Dallas that they want to opt in to this program and begin pledging PPP loans to FHLB Dallas under its listing program. Eligible members will be required to complete a certification form related to these loans. Please also read the recent member bulletin for more detailed information and requirements.
Collateral Policies Guidance Due to Impact of COVID-19
We realize that our members and their customers may be experiencing disruptions during this difficult time. In response, FHLB Dallas has made several collateral requirement modifications to assist members and their borrowers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective date: March 26, 2020
- Relaxes requirements on loan modifications, forbearance agreements and collateral delivery.
- Digital signatures accepted; member must have a wet-ink signature on the original promissory note.
- Loans over 90 days delinquent accepted as collateral if the member has agreed to a modification or forbearance with the borrower.
- Held for Sale loan period extended to 90 days.
- Imaged copies of the supporting documentation accepted via secure portal for loan review purposes.
Collateral VerificationsEffective date: April 6
- New members, members that have never had a desktop review or onsite collateral verification and members that had their last review prior to 2019 will be assigned the default rates set forth in this chart.
Please contact Collateral Services at 844.541.0597 (option 1).
Update on Status of Mailed Confirmations
- As we navigate the nuances of a virtual work environment, you may experience short delays in receiving advance confirmations, wire pins, Letters of Credit (LOC) confirmations and pledge confirmations.