The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. We encourage members to bookmark this page and subscribe to our email alerts to stay up to date on member news.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, FHLB Dallas has made available special advances and expanded existing grant and small business loan programs under its COVID-19 Relief Program.
Economic Development Program (EDP) Expansion
The EDP provides fixed-rate, fixed-term amortizing and nonamortizing advances – typically priced below standard advance rates for comparable maturities – to assist qualified members in funding economic development projects, small businesses and community revitalization in targeted communities. Effective July 1, FHLB Dallas has temporarily expanded qualifications for EDP advances to include loans made to PPP-Eligible Entities whether the borrower received a PPP loan or not.
EDP advances are available in terms of three months to three years. EDP advance commitments for projects qualified as a PPP Eligible Entity are valid until December 31, 2020 or, if authorization for the PPP is renewed, six months after the latest expiration of the PPP authority. Copies of the original note(s) must be provided at the time of funding.
New Collateral FAQs – COVID-19 Related Matters
FHLB Dallas has made several collateral requirement modifications to assist members and their borrowers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning March 26, 2020 (See bulletin) and until further notice, FHLB Dallas began accepting as eligible collateral certain loans with forbearance plans granted to borrowers in compliance with COVID-19 guidance from your primary regulator. For your convenience, we have compiled answers to members' commonly asked questions in this FAQ. We may update responses to these questions from time to time to align with relevant regulatory guidance
Expand Loan Collateral – SBA Paycheck Protection Program
FHLB Dallas is ready to accept Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans as eligible collateral, effective April 27, 2020. Members with credit ratings A through C, may expand their collateral availability by notifying FHLB Dallas that they want to opt in to this program and begin pledging PPP loans to FHLB Dallas under its listing program. Eligible members will be required to complete a certification form related to these loans. Please also read the recent member bulletin for more detailed information and requirements.
COVID-19 Relief Advances
FHLB Dallas has made economically favorable funding available to support its members in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. There is $2.7 billion remaining in long-term Fixed-Rate, Fixed-Term advances to help support liquidity needs of members as they respond to COVID-19 related needs in their respective communities.
Small Business Boost (SBB) Expansion
The second funding round now opens May 1 and expands uses for COVID-19 impacted businesses.Highlights:
- Primary COVID-19 purposes: job retention, permanent working capital and debt service needs.
- Funds may be provided in conjunction with a member loan or closed-end line of credit to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
- Member must provide at least 40 percent of total financing. Members can modify or extend debt to meet this requirement.
- The member is not required to advance additional loan funds to the small business.
- Member cap of $225,000 in the second allocation.
Partnership Grant Program (PGP) ExpansionHighlights:
Expanded to $2.3 million and a 5:1 match to help community-based organizations (CBOs) involved in supplying affordable housing, stimulating small business development or providing small business technical assistance.
Use of Funds:
- Organizational capacity-building
- Assistance with applying for grants and other funding sources
- Research and studies
- Contractual services
- COVID-19 response, including:
- Nonprofits providing emergency rental assistance
- Emergency relief funds and social service providers
- Homeless shelters
- Job training
For more information, see our FAQs and fact sheet.
Collateral Policies Guidance Due to Impact of COVID-19We realize that our members and their customers may be experiencing disruptions during this difficult time. In response, FHLB Dallas has made several collateral requirement modifications to assist members and their borrowers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective date: March 26, 2020
- Relaxes requirements on loan modifications, forbearance agreements and collateral delivery.
- Digital signatures accepted; member must have a wet-ink signature on the original promissory note.
- Loans over 90 days delinquent accepted as collateral if the member has agreed to a modification or forbearance with the borrower.
- Held for Sale loan period extended to 90 days.
- Imaged copies of the supporting documentation accepted via secure portal for loan review purposes.
Collateral VerificationsEffective date: April 6
- New members, members that have never had a desktop review or onsite collateral verification and members that had their last review prior to 2019 will be assigned the default rates set forth in this chart.
Please contact Collateral Services at 844.541.0597 (option 1).
Update on Status of Mailed Confirmations
- As we navigate the nuances of a virtual work environment, you may experience short delays in receiving advance confirmations, wire pins, Letters of Credit (LOC) confirmations and pledge confirmations.