- May 15, 2023
DALLAS, TEXAS, May 15, 2023 — In response to the recent devastation caused by severe storms and tornadoes in Arkansas, the Mississippi Delta and Northeast Mississippi, the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) has donated $1 million to assist with relief and recovery efforts in the affected regions.
FHLB Dallas made the following donations:
- $125,000 to Eight Days of Hope of Tupelo, Mississippi, for rapid recovery and long-term rebuilding assistance for Northeast Mississippi
- $125,000 to CREATE Foundation for the North Mississippi Relief and Recovery Fund of Tupelo Mississippi, to provide financial support to impacted employees of area financial institutions
- $250,000 to the Kentucky Bankers Relief Fund of Louisville, Kentucky, a collaboration with the Arkansas Bankers Association to assist with disaster relief efforts in Arkansas
- $250,000 to The Heart of the Delta Foundation of Belzoni, Mississippi, created by several banks in the Mississippi Delta to assist impacted communities
- $250,000 to Community Foundation of Washington County of Greenville, Mississippi, to assist with storm recovery in Rolling Fork, Mississippi, and other neighboring communities
In addition to the charitable donations, FHLB Dallas also activated its disaster relief response programs, which include grants and low-cost advances (loans) through member financial institutions to support disaster recovery efforts in their communities. The support includes $2.5 million in small business recovery grants offered through members to aid small businesses as well as assistance for affected employees of member institutions.
Visit fhlb.com/dra to learn more and find participating member financial institutions.
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is one of 11 district banks in the FHLBank System created by Congress in 1932. FHLB Dallas, with total assets of $181.2 billion as of March 31, 2023, is a member-owned cooperative that supports housing and community development by providing competitively priced loans and other credit products to approximately 800 members and associated institutions in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas. For more information, visit our website at fhlb.com.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas