- February 02, 2018
VAN BUREN, ARKANSAS, February 2, 2018 — The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is pleased to announce the recent appointment of Jim Petty to FHLB Dallas' 2018 Affordable Housing Advisory Council (Advisory Council). His two-year term began January 1, 2018 and will expire December 31, 2019.
Mr. Petty is the owner, president and CEO of Strategic Realty Developers in Van Buren, Arkansas. Strategic Realty Developers is a development and management company that develops, constructs, manages and provides consulting services and affordable housing solutions in Arkansas and Oklahoma. He was previously employed by ERC Properties, Inc. from 1992 to 2007, where he held various positions including his last position as executive vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Petty has been a panelist and speaker at numerous industry conferences such as Novogradac & Company CPAs and Spectrum Enterprises. He was president of the Arkansas Society of CPAs where he also served two different terms on the board and was recognized as the Outstanding CPA in Business and Industry in 2003. He is currently a member of the Van Buren City Council.
"My hands-on experience in developing, constructing, managing and financing affordable housing in many states gives me a perspective that is very much 'real world' in many ways," said Mr. Petty. "My experience and background has helped equip me to be a real contributing member to the Advisory Council and it is my honor to serve in this role."
Greg Hettrick, first vice president and director of Community Investment at FHLB Dallas, said Mr. Petty's experience will make him a valued contributor to the Advisory Council.
"The Advisory Council advises on topics that address the community and economic development needs in our District," said Mr. Hettrick. "Mr. Petty's expertise and unique perspective will be a tremendous asset to the council."
The Advisory Council is comprised of 13 representatives from state, community and nonprofit organizations who advise FHLB Dallas' Board of Directors on affordable housing and economic development issues. The remaining members of the Advisory Council are:
- Chair Scott Spivey, executive director, Mississippi Home Corporation, Jackson, Mississippi
- Vice Chair Tim Pierce, executive director, South Plains Association of Governments, Lubbock, Texas
- Angela Curry, executive director, Greenwood-Leflore-Carroll Economic Development Foundation, Greenwood, Mississippi
- Jeff Curry, director of development, JL Gray Company, Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Michelle Den Bleyker, vice president, YES Housing, Inc., Midland, Texas
- Matt Hull, executive director, Texas Association of Community Development Corporations, Austin, Texas
- Chris Monforton, chief executive officer, Habitat for Humanity Gulf Coast, Gulfport, Mississippi
- Karen Phillips, deputy director, Crawford Sebastian CDC, Inc., Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Felipe Rael, executive director, Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Samuel Sanders, executive director, Mid City Redevelopment Alliance, Inc., Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Michelle Whetten, vice president and impact market leader Gulf Coast, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc., New Orleans, Louisiana
- Jacque Haas Woodring, chief of staff, Prospera Housing Community Services, San Antonio, Texas
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas is one of 11 district banks in the FHLBank system created by Congress in 1932. FHLB Dallas, with total assets of $66.4 billion as of September 30, 2017, is a member-owned cooperative that supports housing and community development by providing competitively priced advances and other credit products to approximately 840 members and associated institutions in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas. Visit fhlb.com for more information.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas