- September 10, 2020
- Bulletin No: 2020-23
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (Bank) is making available a Hurricane Recovery Grant (HRG) program in response to the recent damage in Louisiana caused by Hurricane Laura.
This special grant program provides recovery assistance to help members’ employees whose households suffered a financial loss due to Hurricane Laura. Grants are available to homeowners and renters in parishes designated for Individual Assistance (categories A and B) by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The funds are intended to assist with reasonable and necessary expenses.
The Bank will begin accepting applications at 8:00 a.m. CT on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 for the grant program. However, applications are available now at my.fhlb.com to provide members with additional time to prepare. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To learn more, attend a member webinar at 2:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 and review the FAQs below. Click here to register for the webinar
- Which member institutions are eligible for grants?
- Members and housing associates that are eligible for advances may apply for grant funds under this program on behalf of their employees who reside in the FEMA-declared disaster areas of Louisiana designated for Individual Assistance (categories A and B) and whose households suffered financial loss
- How much grant money has the Bank set aside?
- An aggregate amount of $650,000 in HRG grants is available
- There is currently no member cap
- How long will this program be available?
- Until the funds are exhausted or December 31, 2020, whichever occurs first
- What is the eligibility criteria for the HRG program?
- Household income must not exceed 125 percent of the area median income (AMI), adjusted by household size
- The maximum grant award per household is $3,000
- What paperwork is needed?
- A member must submit one consolidated application for all member employee grant requests. The application consists of the HRG Funding Request and Residential Funding Record
- HRG Funding Request Form – includes the sum of the individual requests for member employee households listed on the Residential Funding Record and a member certification regarding adherence to the program guidelines
- Residential Funding Record – documents the details for each member employee household
- Where can I find more information?
- Visit the FAQs on my.fhlb.com or call Member Services at 844.FHL.BANK (844.345.2265)
Sanjay K. Bhasin
President and Chief Executive Officer