FHLB Dallas Member Requirements
- Complete a one-time HELP Enrollment Application, which includes the HELP Subsidy Agreement.
- FHLB Dallas will provide up to $8,000 toward the down payment or closing costs, unless the member originates the first mortgage, in which case, FHLB Dallas will provide up to $15,000 toward the down payment or closing costs.
- Members must pass on the full amount of the HELP subsidy to the approved household, which must be documented on the applicable final Closing Disclosure.
- The rate of interest, points, fees and any other charges for a loan made in conjunction with the HELP subsidy must not exceed a reasonable market rate of interest, points, fees and other charges for a loan of similar maturity, terms and risks.
- Members, or their designees, will be responsible for ensuring that the HELP-assisted unit is subject to a retention document that meets the AHP regulations and retention requirements, as outlined in Attachment F of the AHP Implementation Plan.
- Up to half of a member's cap may be used on a HELP assisted property outside of the FHLB Dallas' District of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico or Texas.
- Only first-time homebuyers are eligible for the program.
- HELP funds may not exceed $15,000 per homebuyer.
- Household income must not exceed 80 percent of the area median income.
- Homebuyers are required to complete a Homebuyer Counseling Program.
- Homebuyers must contribute $500 of their own funds toward the required down payment or closing costs.
- Homebuyers cannot receive any cash back at closing.
- Homebuyers are required to sign a five-year retention agreement.
Detailed information and guidelines governing the HELP program may be found in Attachment C of the AHP Implementation Plan