What Are the Requirements?
To qualify for the Housing Assistance for Veterans program, households must have an occupant who was disabled as a result of active military service or be a Gold Star Family since August 2, 1990.
Additional HAVEN Program Requirements
- Households must have a family income of 165 percent or less of the area median income.
- The grant recipient may adapt a home that they or a family member plans to purchase and in which they intend to reside.
- The grant recipient may adapt a home that they or a family member already owns and in which they intend to reside.
- If a home is being newly constructed and adapted to meet the needs of the veteran or service member, HAVEN funds may be used to offset new construction costs.
- If the HAVEN funds are used for down payment assistance or closing costs, then the grant recipient must qualify as a first-time home buyer and complete a homeowner counseling course.
- The FHLB Dallas member will pass on the full amount of the HAVEN funds as a grant to benefit the household for which the HAVEN funds were approved.
- The FHLB Dallas member is required to obtain verification of the completed modification within 60 days of funding if a signed cost estimate was utilized to disburse the funds. If HAVEN funds are used for new construction, evidence of the total construction cost is required.
- Households may not receive any cash back.